Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

New Painting - Getting Thrifty

A new cheap shop opened up near me called B&M and a few weeks ago me and my Mum went to check it. We love all those shops; Poundland, Home Bargains, Family Bargains.
#thrifty
We ended up spending almost 2 hours in B&M.
Totally the best time.

One of the things I bought was this printed canvas for £2.99.
It's 35x90cm!
It would be perfect for me to do a really decent painting on.
Except for that one issue of there already being something on it.

Which took me to another great place. The Scrap Store, of course, where I picked up this can of emulsion paint that still had a couple of inches of paint in, which was all I needed.

Using a roller to get the smoothest texture I painted over the graphic on the canvas.
It took about 4/5 coats but then it was good to go.

And here's what I've done with it.
I used one of my own photos but switched out the figure for some Google image people.
All of my own photos feature people my age so for some variety I had to look elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good idea to use a pre-sold canvas. I should do that sometime rather than buying new ones ! They are so expensive... Anyway, your painting is amazing the rocks ! Ahhh !

    ReplyDelete