Pages

Sunday 8 September 2013

This Week I...

...dyed the bottom of my hair pink!

I used this Schwarzkopf Live Colour XXL in Shocking Pink.
When I'd done a bit of research online a lot of people had used this and it happened to be only £4 in Wilkinsons.
I thought about getting a blonde dye to lighten my hair first as I wasn't sure any pink would show up without it, but I couldn't decide on one. It turned out I was fine without anyway.
The good thing about this dye is it comes pre-mixed in a tube so you don't waste any.
This photo was taken after my hair was dyed so you can see how little was used. This means I've got loads left over to do it again when the colour washes out.

 
I say I dyed my hair, but it was actually all the work of my glamorous assistant Lizzi.
She followed the instructions and painted the dye on with a brush and wrapped the sections of hair in foil.

Note the plastic poncho I'm wearing. I thought it'd be perfect for this. Much better than wrapping an old towel round me.

 
We left it for the advised 30 minutes then washed my hair in the shower.
This was an interesting experience which promoted me to keep singing, 'that's what friends are for!'
My shower isn't over a bath so I had to lie back on the floor with my hair in the shower tray and Lizzi stood in the shower with the shower head, trying not to get her jeans wet. She failed.

After blow drying my hair we found that the pink had worked, but we could probably afford to go a bit higher.

My Mum's comment at this point was, 'it looks like you've dipped the end of your hair in paint.'
Yes Mum.

 So we repeated the process which made the colour a bit deeper.
Lizzi applied the colour kind of randomly because I didn't want a straight across dip-dye.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's kind of a raspberry colour that looks different in different lights.
The box says it'll last 6-8 washes so we'll see how that goes.

How was your week guys?
What crazy colours has your hair been?

No comments:

Post a Comment