Pages

Sunday 14 July 2013

This Week I...

On Friday I had another dentist appointment in London so I took the opportunity to see this years BP Portrait Award at the National Portrait Gallery.

Kristy by Geert Schless
One of my favourites was this portrait of the artist's wife, exploring how a depiction of a person can still be recognisable even when you can't see the face.
I like the quirkyness of the image and that fact it's really well painted. The detail on the black bag is incredible up close.

Self-portrait by Daniela Astone
I like this quiet self-portrait of the artist in her studio, with the dark, muted colours, the subtle brush strokes and a composition which almost makes the artist equal to the curtain. 

Self-portrait by Ian Cumberland
I really like this artist's style of painting, and when I checked my blog post about last years exhibition it turned out I liked it then as Cumberland has entered the competition before which another notable portrait.

Turning Point by Richard Geraint Evans
And I like this portrait of Emeli Sande. I'm not sure why, it just stood out to me. The painting was made just after the release of her first UK single Heaven which marked a turning point in her career. The painting features lyrics of the song.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment