Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Initial Necklace

I don't have a lot of name related jewellery.
Given the choice I'd rather have a random word than my name on a necklace.
But I'd seen some cute little block letter necklaces around and thought I would try making my own. 

I started by making an L shape out of Sculpey, with a hole through the top, and once it had been baked I sanded the edges to make them super flat.
It's a good job my name doesn't start with an S.
Curves.

Then I painted the letter with silver acrylic paint. It took a couple of coats.

I covered the front side in PVA glue and sprinkled on fine silver glitter.
Once it had dried I shook off the excess and gave it a coat of clear nail varnish to seal the glitter.
I've tried varnishing with PVA glue before but it just dulls the shinyness of the glitter.

Then I put some wire through the hole with loops on each end and attached jump rings, then attached a chain.

And now I have a simple little, very shiny, initial necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment