Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

I Made a Minion

Last week I went with my friends to see Despicable Me 2. I hadn't seen the first one but you don't need to to enjoy the film - because of these guys. The minions.
I think they should've done away with the main storyline and just focused on the minions.
Those guys are hilarious.

To make my minion I sewed a yellow felt tube with circles either end. I over stuffed it so the circles would dome.
Before I attached one of the circles I sewed some black embroidery thread, knotted on the back, for the hair.

Then I spent way too long trying to make the overalls, so let's just skip that bit.
For the arms I rolled up some yellow felt and sewed it down the side. The hands are two matching pieces sewn, and glued, together then sewn to the arm. To cover up the stitches I glued a strip of black felt around the wrist.

The legs are rolled up strips of denim with felt feet glued on. 

The goggles are gift ribbon (stroke of genius on my part) with a strip of black felt stuck all the way around.
For the eyes I just used brown and black felt tip pens on white felt. I think it would have looked better if I'd have stitched the eyes, but ain't nobody got time for that!

Then I used a Sharpie to put the finishing touches on the overalls.

Oh minion, I'm not sure what to do with you now.
Maybe I'll sit you on my desk and you can encourage me to fill in job applications.

2 comments:

  1. He turned out awesome!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the goggles. I might have to make one for my son.

    ReplyDelete