Pages

Thursday 17 January 2013

Miniature Candlesticks

I had a recent commission for a miniature fireplace so I thought I would share how I made the miniature candlesticks.

All you need is two wooden kebab skewers, or cocktail sticks for smaller candles, four round beads and two flatter beads. It doesn't matter what colour as they'll get painted.

Cut the kebab skewers to the desired length, mine were 5cm, and glue the flatter beads at the bottom, then a round bead, and then a bit further up the second round bead.

Then you just need to paint them.
I went for cream for the candles and gold for the sticks.
A few coats of acrylic paint covered up the brightly coloured plastic beads.

Here they are displayed on a miniature fireplace, simply glued in place.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really fun DIY! And the outcome is so cute!!!
    Great post!! I included it in my post Βόλτα στη Γειτονιά #20 :)
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete