Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Bring and Share Christmas Dinner

For the past 6 years my friends and I have carried out the tradition of a bring and share Christmas dinner.
It all started when a friend of ours at the time said he wasn't really into Christmas, so we wanted to change that.
We spent many weeks planning the first dinner on a white board in the small room we hung out in at school, like it was a military operation.
We said it should be an annual thing, and so far we have done it every year since.

2007
Every year is different. Sometimes we forget to cook the brussel sprouts.

2008
Sometimes the jelly doesn't set so we have shop-bought pots.

2011
Sometimes we have incredible chocolate cake creations.

2011
And sometimes, well, most times, we struggle for oven space.

2010
The people change as friends enter and leave our lives, along with the length of my hair, but one thing stays the same; there's always so much food!

2012
And this is what this year looked like.
(8 people really don't need 5 different puddings, but we had them anyway!)

2012
Complete with tinsel and Christmas jumpers.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had traditions like these!! Omg these pictures are absolutely priceless!! That lil bear cake is truly incredible & cute! My favorite is the pic of the oven! Wow, looks like my aunt's house!=P

    That's really kickass that you guys do this every year! Awesome!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I had a lot of fun looking through all the photos from each year to pick out ones for this post.

      Delete