Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

The Memory Book

This is my last holiday post. I promise.

This was our travel journal.
Or as I like to call it; the memory book.

My Mum gets an academic planner from Paperchase every year and there's always blank pages left over so I put them all together to make this journal. There was lined paper, squared paper and I added some sketchbook paper too.
The mix of papers just makes things more interesting.

I'd collect things throughout the day - leaflets, receipts - and once we got back to our apartment or hotel room in the evening I'd get everything out and armed with my trusty Pritt stick I'd put together a couple of pages about the day.
I made sure to write about a day on that same day because I'm sure I'd forget things if I waited.
For example, I definitely wanted to remember what we heard a girl say on the bus back from the Grand Ole Opry:
(In a southern accent) "Miss! Can you go easy on the bumps? I need to go to the bathroom!"
Hilarious.

I liked finding interesting things to write on, like this comment sheet from Mood, the fabric store.

When I got home I altered some plastic wallets so they'd fit in the book so that I could slot in leaflets from the different places we'd been.

Do you like my colouring-in? In the Country Music Hall of Fame they had a table where you could design your own outfit for a country star. Joss and I did one each while we were there, but I also took a colouring sheet with me to do later.
I coloured it in whilst watching Country Music's Night to Rock which was on tv on the Monday night. So good!

And speaking of country music;
You've heard me rap, now hear about how I want to be a country singer

2 comments:

  1. This is really great - I'm going to the states next year and I really want to do a memory book/travel journal whilst I'm there. I've been SO lazy on my past few trips and I haven't made one whilst I've been on the road and I really regretted it later.

    Thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea. I think I might make self one but more of a diary for next year. A lot more interesting than a boring store bought one. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete