Pages

Friday 30 September 2011

T-shirt dress

It started with a large mens tank top.
Which is just (just!) long enough to be a dress on me. When worn with leggings.
So how to make it look wearable?

First up I gotta belt it!
If only more problems could be solved by throwing on a belt.

Then decorate.
I attempted the multiple necklace print that's been going on, and referred to this tutorial from Jen at My Own Road.

For the big beads I used the bottom of a pen to get perfect circles and then filled them in with a paint brush.

For the long chain I cut a thin drinking straw on an angle so it was an oval and used it to print the pattern.

The heart locket was just done freehand with a paintbrush.

After ironing over the fabric paint for 5 minutes it's ready to wear.

(Who can spot the photo me and Anthony Head from Buffy)
I think I did the beads a bit too wide across the shoulders so it looks a bit odd, but I've got the techniques down for doing more.

In other news friends I shall have to take a blog break for at least a week because my poor laptop is broken again.
I'm back to uni this weekend and I'm having to go back without it, so I'll be relying on uni computers and the kindness of my housemates.
I don't know how I will cope!

2 comments: