Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Art in Norwich

A few weeks ago I went to the Hubert Duprat exhibition at the Castle Museum in Norwich.
His work is sculptural and his most famous work uses caddis fly larvae which create a case around themselves using the materials in their environment.
Duprat put the larvae in tanks filled with gold spangles and precious stones, so they have no choice but to use them to build.

Exhibited in the gallery was a small tank with living larvae in it that were moving around with their blinged out cases attached. It was pretty fancy.
I like how Duprat refers to this work as a collaboration between himself and the larvae.



Another piece of his work that I liked but could not find a photo for was two large logs covered in upholstery studs. Again, way to make something natural pretty fancy.

My housemates and I also went on a walk to find this piece of art in a local park.
It was part of London Fieldworks' Spontaneous City project which you can read more about here.

I wanted to see a bird poking out of one of the wooden holes, but no.
Yay for art!

No comments:

Post a Comment