Pages

Wednesday 13 October 2010

My Model Room

Since I'm back at uni now I am going to call the project finished.
I had to give a presentation about my work so far and everyone seemed very impressed with the photos of this creation.

It took three months to make and is a pretty good replica of my bedroom, a 10th of the actual size. I made my bed, my furniture, even my books and posters.
I worked out that I only spent about £3.50 on the whole thing, and that was for the cardigan I used for the carpet, a long strip of bolster wood I used for the door frames, and a cheap tube of white paint.



If you missed out on any of the steps I took to making my miniature room then here are all the links. It certainly seems like a lot. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I've been going through your entries, and that I find your miniatures absolutely fascinating. I'm absolutely terrible at art (more of a writing sort of person; managed to fail art at school), but for some reason, miniatures absolutely fascinate me. I'm adding your blog to my RSS reader so I can see new stuff as you post it!

    ReplyDelete