Pages

Friday 23 July 2010

My Model Room: #5 Bunk beds

I couldn't have a simple single bed in my room, could I? No, I have to have tricky bunk beds which definitely gave me more of a challenge. They go back to the days when my two sisters and I used to all share a bedroom.Then they both got their own rooms and I was left with the big room to myself. And the bunk beds.

For the main part of the beds I used a cereal box which I covered with lollypop sticks that I had painted. I then stuck four kebab skewers to the corners of the bed and crossed my fingers that they would stay up, otherwise I was going to have to come up with a plan to attach the whole thing to the wall, but it worked and the whole thing is free-standing!

Using more lollypop sticks and kebab skewers I added the finishing details to the beds.
I'm now out of lollypop sticks, feel free to donate.

I also made the ladder for the bunk beds in the same way; small bits of painted wood and wishful sticking.

I made two mattresses out of foam and covered them in fabric, tucking it in at the sides; like a real bed!

Then Anya and Tara from Buffy stopped by to test them out. They didn't even have the decency to take off their shoes.

2 comments:

  1. haha, lisa this is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To maximize your performance, you need to rest and sleep for at-least 6 hours a day,
    but what if your bed is not what you are looking for in terms of comfort, quality and size?

    This website helps me obtain much relevant information plus for those living in hostels or studio apartments,
    and who need to find different types of bunk beds which are not only affordable, and durable but most importantly highly comfortable

    Thanks a lot guys!

    ReplyDelete