Pages

Monday 14 June 2010

From shampoo bottle to flower vase

It was a sad day when I finally ran out of my Hannah Montana shampoo (another example of me being a craft arty kid) which I bought from the 99p shop back in September. They haven't had anymore in stock so I've had to go on without ultra glam shine hair. *sigh*

I really liked the shampoo container and couldn't bring myself to throw it out, so I thought about ways I could reuse it and came up with a flower vase!

I started by cutting off the top so it opens up and thoroughly rinsing it out.

Then I crammed glass nuggets into the lid to weigh it down. This could also be done with sand or something similar.

I also put some glass nuggets inside the container which helps to prevent it from toppling and makes the flowers higher in the vase so the stems don't have to be so long.

I then filled my new vase up with water and added some freshly cut flowers from the garden. A handy feature is that to replace the water you only need to flip open the lid at the bottom to drain away the old water instead of tipping up the whole thing. Genius.


Sidenote: fellow blog readers, if you're interested in musical theatre then go check out my sister's blog. It's a good read and she knows what she's talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment