Pages

Monday 12 April 2010

Garden fence greeting card

This project came about when I wanted to find a use for the packets of little bits of wood that come with canvases. Does anyone know what they're actually for? I think it's got something to do with the corners. 

Since I don't use them for their intended purpose, whatever that may be, I've got a lot of these little packets lying around. Then one day I realised they looked like planks of wood on a fence, and thus; the garden fence greetings card. 

Start by gluing the wood pieces onto a plain card. I used blue card so that it looks like the sky.

Conveniently, there are the right number of wood pieces in one packet to make one card.

Put a few heavy books on the card while the glue is drying to keep the wood stuck down.

Gather lots of different flower shapes. I used flower sequins, beads, paper flowers and bits taken off Christmas decorations.

Stick the flowers onto the wood.

Add green paint with a cocktail stick to make the stems of the flowers and added foliage.

Add it's as easy as that. I think they work quite well as Fathers Day cards, cos Dads tend to like garden fences, right? But they could also be birthday cards, or just general best wishes.

This project has been featured on All Free Holiday Crafts. Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. I like your creativity in card making. You are admirable. Super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooove this! but you're quite right... what is their intended purpose?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your crafts, Love your blog.... Really love these cards! (The little pieces are to wedge in if the frame is not tight enough.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah finally, someone who knows, thank you! And thank you for the kind words about my blog

    ReplyDelete