Pages

Wednesday 3 March 2010

What To Wear birthday card

For my friend's birthday I decided to make her a fun card based on old-fashioned paper dolls. There are three sliders on the card which move to create a new outfit!

To make this card I started by drawing a body outline which would be the base for all of the outfits so they would be the same size. I split up the body into three sections; one for tops, one for bottoms, and one for shoes.
I then cut three strips of paper with the widths matching those of the outfit sections.

Next I traced the body outline onto the strips three times, as this card was going to feature three different outfits.

I drew the items of clothing onto the strips, using the body outline as a guideline, and coloured them in. Alternatively, if you didn't want to draw the clothes, you could cut out clothes from magazines and stick them on, making sure they're roughly the same size.

I then folded a piece of A4 card in half and cut four slits of equal length on one side. The length is the combined size of the three sections.

The widths relate to the spacing of the outfits on the strips of paper.

I then slotted the strips of paper in the card. They can be slid from side to side to reveal a new item of clothing.

As finishing touches I drew two piles of clothes either side of the figure and added a photo of my friend's face. I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment